Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Song In The Night

Psalm 77:6a  "I will call to remembrance my song in the night"

Last night as I went to bed with such a heavy heart, having a hard time even trying to get to sleep...I decided to fill my heart with songs.  Songs that would encourage me; songs that would remind me of the Lord and HIS faithfulness even in the valley's of life. 

I couldn't help to think of the song Tell It To Jesus.  Here are the lines to that song that really spoke to me last nigiht.

Are you weary, are you heavy hearted?  Tell it to Jesus, Tell it to Jesus.
Do the tears flow down your cheeks unbidden?  Tell it to Jesus, Tell it to Jesus.
Are you anxious what shall be tomorrow?  Tell it to Jesus, Tell it to Jesus

Tell it to Jesus, Tell it to Jesus
He is a friend that's well-known
You've no other
such a friend or brother,
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Yes, the tears were flowing down my cheeks, and yes my heart felt deep devastation, and yes I felt like I was all alone...but I had the GREAT privilege of just TELLING IT TO JESUS!  I am so thankful for the blessing of being able to pray to my Heavenly Father, even in the night.  And the blessing of knowing that I have a husband who will pray with me ANYTIME...even during the night when both of us are heavy hearted and facing some decisions..  I am truly blessed in so many ways.

Another song that came to my mind was I Can Trust Jesus! 

I can trust Jesus, I can trust Jesus
He never ONCE HAS FAILED TO MEET MY NEED
He is MY strongtower
the strength in my weakest hour
I can trust Jesus, He takes care of me.

Yeap, last night I felt like I was in my weakest hour, but I was quickly reminded of this song and how that JESUS is my strongtower.  HE WILL SEE US THROUGH.  He will give us the extra strength to go on.  He will be there to guide us; direct us; give us wisdom and keep our focus on what's in store for us in the end if we'll remain faithful.  I am SO thankful that I CAN TRUST JESUS!

Here was the 'big' song for the night All Is Well.

ALL IS WELL


V1:

When your world is crashing in, and you don't know what to do
(last night we felt our world was crashing in)

You can call on God, He will see you through,
(I called on GOD and HE will see us through)

There is no way we can loose
(what a precious promise)

Knowing we can trust Him in all we say and do
Chorus:

All is well, all is well, when storms come we can say all is well

God is still God, His strength will never fail, All is well, all is well


V2:

Hold on to the promise that is forever true,
(so thankful I have God's Word to go to for wisdom and guidance)

Cast your care on Him because He cares for you,
(when it seems others are against you, HE still cares for you)

Time and again He has proved His grace is sufficient, His mercies ever new
(What a great reminder)

Bridge:

Let not your heart be troubled, your life is in His hands,
(so thankful GOD has a perfect plan in every situation)

It is well with my soul, it is well with my soul,

God is still God, His strength will never fail,

All is well, all is well, God is still God   WOW!  What a great reminder!  No matter what storm comes our way, we can stand and say ALL IS WELL!    So what are you facing today?  What has so gripped your heart that you feel like it's just been crushed?  What decisions are you facing and yet you fear in making sure you do what GOD wants you to do?  I am so glad that no matter what, we can TELL IT TO JESUS, we can TRUST JESUS and remember that ALL IS WELL!   It's hard to remind ourselves of this when we're facing a valley (and some seem to never end) but if we'll just KEEP OUR EYES ON JESUS we will soon get to that mountain top experience.  It may not be this side of eternity but HEAVEN is just in sight! 

No comments: