Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just Some Simple Thoughts


I wish I had...!!! Can you imagine driving around in THAT vehicle? Can you imagine having a BIG house like they do? Can you imagine being able to go to the mall 20 times a week with unlimited funds and paying CASH? Can you imagine...?

What do you IMAGINE? IMAGINATION isn't necessarily a wrong thing. My girls imagine they are mothers, or nurses...but when our imaginations consume us...then there is a problem.

I'd like to share 3 simple thoughts I found that really are something we all could be reminded about:

1. Accept what YOU have

Instead of always looking around for something different to have...spend some time looking at what you DO HAVE. Yes, I am more than anxious to get our house sold and get our new house built BUT I'm thankful for the home we have now. If I always live in the 'future' of just imagining what it will be like to have SPACE...then I'll miss the joys God has instore for me right where I'm living now. Be content! That's a big one for us in America where we can pretty much get whatever we want whether it means being so far in debt we feel like we're drowning...we can have it and let others THINK we have it 'all'!

2. Enjoy what YOU have

I like this little saying "The poor man wishes for more while the rich man wishes he could enjoy even a part of what he has"

It amazes me when I drive by these big gigantic homes that you need cell phones just to see where someone is in the house. I can't imagine. My mind can't comprehend that BUT how often do those people get to sit down, relax, just enjoy being at home. Most of the time they are out working just so people can keep driving by and saying "WOW"!!! If they are home, they are so stressed and stretched financially that they are miserable and wondering how they'll be able to keep that big house. Be content with what you have and ENJOY it. I am still doing little things to the home we are in even though it's for sale. This is my home and I want to keep it my home as long as it's ours. I want to enjoy it!

3. Enjoy what YOU have TODAY

Life passes by like a shadow and we don't know what tomorrow holds. Make the most of today's opportunities and blessings. Be grateful. Be content. Don't always live in the 'imaginary' world but look at what YOU have and thank the Lord for HIS MANY BLESSINGS! I think we rob ourselves of contentment, joy, peace when we are always living in the world of "I wish..." I can only imagine..." NO, take the time to accept what you have, enjoy what you have, and enjoy what you have TODAY!

No comments: