Sunday, February 8, 2009

Everyday With Jesus Is Sweeter Than The Day Before


How many of you remember the day you got married? I certainly do. I was just so 'in love' with my soon-to-be husband I couldn't wait til we were married. I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. While we were dating he got me a card of two older people sitting in a swing together that said, "I look forward to growing old with you". With each passing day, we are both one day closer to getting older...the grays are REALLY starting to show up so my 8 weeks hair appt wait is over and I'll have to see me beautician a little more often unfortunately.

Looking back, I did love him BUT now that we've been together 15 years this coming August...I REALLY LOVE HIM even more than I did on August 13th, 1994 when we got married. We have been through some challenging times which...after the fact...we have allowed those times to draw us closer to each other with biblical counselling, prayer, and staying close to the Lord.

Now let's look at our relationship to the Lord. As a Christian, we should be able to sing the chorus "Everyday With Jesus Is Sweeter Than The Day Before"! I love that little chorus:

Everyday with Jesus is sweeter than the day before
Everyday with Jesus I love Him more and more
Jesus saves and keeps me
and He's the one I'm waiting for
Everyday with Jesus is sweeter than the day before.

Do we really love Jesus more and more? I find the more time I spend with my husband, the more I love him and get to know him...which in turn makes me love him even more. Are we spending time with Jesus to allow our hearts to love Him even more than we did the day before? I pray, as my hearts desire is, that each of us will find ourselves loving Jesus more and more each day.

No comments: