Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Heart Committed To Prayer Series - Part II Prayer Reminds Us God Is ALWAYS Near


Ladies, have you ever just felt all alone? Like no one is there for you? There's no one who will understand your problems? Isolated? Desserted? Well, God is ALWAYS near. The other night I was on the phone with someone till after midnight - someone dealing with some very tough issues! I got off the phone and just began to cry--wishing I could somehow change things as I love this person very much. Of coarse, being it was after midnight everyone in the house was completely asleep and the house was very quiet. I began to feel all alone. As I began to cry, I also began to pray out to God to intervene in this persons situations, to give them wisdon, added strength, and I felt much peace afterwards. I had met with my Heavenly Father...who NEVER sleeps but is ALWAYS near!

Psalm 46:1 says, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

Maybe you are one of those ladies who just feel like no one is there for you; there is no one you can turn to; everyone seems to be too busy to lend a listening ear----MY FRIEND, GOD IS ALWAYS NEAR and HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU!

This makes me think of the song:

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in pray'r!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear.
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in pray'r!
-------------------------------

Part III Prayer Allows Us To Unload ALL Our Burdens

1 comment:

CalvaryGirl said...

(((hugs))) I love that song.

Wendy
My Blog: CalvaryGirl