Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Does Jesus Care? Oh YES...HE CARES!

This morning I had one of those RARE occassions----QUIET TIME!!!  I woke up this morning to find my hubby was 'late' for work...so I thought.  Well,  he had to get up with Larissa and spend some 'quality time' with her around 4:30 a.m. (that was her time to 'play' last night or I should say EARLY this morning) so he wasn't up to going  to work today so all he does is call in and take a day off (I'm trying to figure out how a mom does that?? lol  I need to call in MANY days and take a day off) 

He was already planning to go somewhere so of coarse I 'encouraged' the girls to go along with him and he of coarse didn't mind.  So it was MY TIME to only hear the sound of the washer going (endless laundry task); my soothing fountain my mom gave me last year for Christmas---so relaxing; the sound of the humidifier running - pretty soothing too; and the blessed quietness of a sleeping baby :-)  That's all I heard in my time of BLESSED QUIETNESS!

Last night was NOT a good 'mommy night'.  I was VERY ashamed of myself.  It was one of those nights I wish I could push 'rewind' with my mouth and with my attitude.  I was WRONG and no matter what may have not went my way yesterday, there was NO excuse for my behavior.  I went to bed feeling like the worst mother on earth and begging the Lord to please help me.  I don't want to say I have 'baby blues' but it seems I've been more on a rollercoaster of emotions after this pregnancy than any other pregnancy...again I'm NOT blaming that for my behavior...there's NO excuse but it doesn't help matters either :-)  I was just HOPING for some QUIET TIME real soon...knowing how much I desperately needed it.  Sure I can go to the bedroom and shut the door but still there is noise and distractions.  I longed for some QUIET TIME where NO ONE could distract me.

Well, this morning GOD blessed me with that MUCH needed quiet time of being alone with HIM!  My heart was filled with JOY as I read GOD's word and was FILLED with HIS precious promises---uninterrupted time.  My heart was also BURDENED as I was able to spend time thinking and praying for those that are facing some pretty difficult times.  Today one of my friends will bury her mother who unexpectedly passed away.  Today another fb friend is with her young daughter who had to be transported to a hospital a good ways from their home for further observation.  Today there are people dreading this time of year as they have to think about celebrating this time without a loved one they've recently lost.  Today I took the time to call a widow who has been on my mind A LOT here lately and really doesn't have a lot of family to love and support her...was she glad I took the time to call and it helped me to realize I have  A LOT to be thankful for.  Today there's some little children I know that don't know if they'll be celebrating Christmas with their mom and dad  together (this one tears my heart apart as they are close family).  Today there are those that don't know how they'll make it because they've just been told they no longer will have a job after the first of the year and they're already facing MANY physical issues.  TODAY....there are SO MANY hurting people and yet I was reminded in my devotional time this morning that JESUS CARES!!!!


I love to think on this song when I face times where it feels like no one cares...Does Jesus Care?  Oh, YES, He cares!

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth and song;
As the burdens press, and the cares distress,
And the way grows weary and long?

O yes, He cares - I know He cares!
His heart is touched with my grief!
When the days are weary,
the long nights dreary,
I know my Saviour cares.

Does Jesus care when my way is dark
With a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades,
Does He care enough to be near?

Does Jesus care when I've tried and failed
To reist some temptation strong;
When for my deep grief I find no relief
Tho my tears flow all the night long?

Does Jesus care when I've said goodbye
To the dearest on earth to me
And my sad heart aches till it nearly breaks
Is it aught to Him? Does He see?

O yes, He cares - I know He cares!
His heart is touched with my grief!
When the days are weary,
the long nights dreary,
I know my Saviour cares.

Today I'm thankful that in my quiet time I was reminded that JESUS DOES CARE!!!  No matter what you may be facing REMEMBER that Jesus cares! 








No comments: