Tuesday, April 7, 2009

God's Love Is Immeasureable!


One of the cutest little things our youngest is doing is, I'll say "How much do you love mommy?" and she'll respond with her arms thrown open as wide as she can and say, "Dis much!" Oh, I just squeeze her after that thinking about her trying to express to me how much she loves me.

The other night for children's church I did a lesson on "God's Love Is Immeasureable." As adults, sometimes I think it's good to just learn from a child's lesson...they are simple and to the point. I'd like to share what I shared with these 4 and 5 year olds.

Just how great is God's love and how can we measure it?

I brought a measuring cup with a pitcher of water -- and a bowl to catch the water for the visual.

Most of us, as wifes and moms, know we need a measuring cup when it comes to cooking...unless you are like my mom who just throws things together and they taste like a recipe from Taste of Home.

Could we measure God's Love with a measuring cup?

Psalm 23:1,5 talks about "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want...my cup runneth over."

If our cup runneth over, it's not 1/2 full or 3/4 full...it's running over! That's God's Love...

Well, the measuring cup couldn't measure God's Love...oh, let's try a tape measure.

We all know that when it comes to doing anything...even hanging pictures up...a tape measure comes in real handy. In fact, I have one I keep in the house that's mine...and a small hammer I requested for Christmas one year.


Ps. 108:4 says, "For thy mercy is great above the Heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds."

If God's Love is higher than the Heavens, I don't think we could use a tape measure to measure it, could we?

Okay, we must be able to use a watch. (I asked them how many of them had a watch and could tell time)

The Bible tells us that God's Love is from everlasting to everlasting.

Ps. 103:17 "But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting"

WOW! If God's mercy and love is from everlasting to everlasting, I don't guess we could measure it with a watch either!

John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life."

How do you and I measure a love like that...that God would send HIS only Son to die for our sins?

We can't measure it...and we don't need to measure God's Love...but we do need to experience it and know God!

How can we experience God's Love?

By asking Him to come into our hearts, forgive us of our sins and be our personal Lord and Saviour! We don't get saved or 'stay saved' by going to church, reading our Bibles, keeping the Ten Commandments...no, none of those will get you into Heaven. We must BELIEVE that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, He was buried and rose again and HE IS COMING AGAIN! Are YOU ready?

So remember, the next time your mom gets the measuring cup out to make your favorite cookies, you tell her that God's love can't be measured by a measuring cup. When dad begins to build something for you and gets his measuring tape out, you tell him that God's Love can't be measured by a measuring tape. When you begin to wear a watch, you remember God's Love can't be measured by a watch.

Even though you are small in size, you can experience GOD'S LOVE for YOURSELF by asking HIM into YOUR heart!

You know, ladies, even though we are much bigger than a 4 or 5 year old, this truth can be just as real to you as it was to them. Have you experienced God's Love? Has there been a time YOU have accepted Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour? So many think it's living a certain way to get to Heaven but the Bible is VERY clear...Isaiah 64:6b "and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;..."

I'd be more than happy to share with you God's plan of salvation, just post a comment and I'll get back with you.

No comments: