Sunday, March 29, 2009

An Unexpected Blessing---When I Needed It Most


This morning my husband came up to me with this basket of goodies and said, "This was in our seat. I assume it is for you." Well, I was hesitant thinking "Someone has put this in the wrong seat." So I pulled the card out and there was my name. I was so surprised and started thinking, "Who is this from?" Sure enough it was from a sweet lady who sits near us in church. As I began to look through it, I found my favorite drink (Dr. Pepper), my favorite candy bar (Hershey with almonds), popcorn (which we love), peanuts (which I love---think I'll dip them in chocolate with some raisins)---I think she found out my favorites from visiting my site...that threw me for a loop for a minute til I had that thought :-) THANK YOU, Mrs. J--------!

Isn't it amazing how God knows when we could use a lift...and definately this was a week I could've used a lift and He gave it to me through something so simple but yet such a BIG blessing! The card was filled with encouraging words...just what I needed! The basket was filled with goodies that were my favorite...just what I needed---well, I may not need them but I will sure enjoy them. God's timing is perfect!

I am a firm believer that if God lays someone on your heart, then act upon it. It may just be what that lady needs to make it through a tough time.

Thank you once again Mrs. J------...and may the Lord bless you for being such a blessing to me!

And actually we got a double blessing...someone gave the girls like 2 bags of clothes. In the clothes was an adorable dress for our smallest girl for Easter so now all the girls have a 'new' Easter dress. That was a blessing.

2 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

What a wonderful blessing and surprise! So happy for you.

Barbara said...

Isn't that wonderful? If we could just realize with that still small voice speaks to us, we never know what the smallest remembrance may be to the person receiving..but God knows and that is why He whispers to us...It is that "persoanl ministry" that He call us to when we will listen to his voice. I am so glad you have been blessed and I pray blessing upon the person who blessed you. Have a great week