Monday, December 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well...we arrived back home today so it's back to blogging! I have missed it so much and missed checking in on others blogs. As soon as we got in, of course we unpacked the van and I was ready to tear the house apart and get it back to 'normal'. I got ALL of my Christmas decor put away, dusted the main living area, swept the floor and so it's really fresh feeling right now...til tomorrow!!! We had an enjoyable time with our families. Of course, the last several days of our visit we had a sick child. That certainly wasn't enjoyable. Yesterday morning, Sunday, my husband and I awoke to a fussy child around 5 a.m. with 104 fever so I jumped in the shower, went and got my dad up and said could you please get up and help us get things packed we've got to get back home. Well, after he told us of a urgent care clinic a couple towns over from where my parents live we decided to take her there. The dr. told us she had strep so that was really encouraging :-) Nothing like a vacation with a sick child so I think I am going on no sleep right now. Well, just wanted to drop a short line or two to say I AM BACK...hubby took the other 3 girls somewhere tonight and the sick one is asleep so it's time for momma to get all the unpacked clothes put away so I can get in my bed tonight! Hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas and may the Lord bless you with a wonderful NEW YEAR!!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sick daughter!!! I'm glad you got home safely. I'll be praying for you in a special way over the next few days.

P.S. Thanks for your kinds words about the new look of the ladies site. I'll pass them on to my Kina!